Herbert Brandt registers a business in Refrath (near Cologne) on 1 July 1949 to ‘produce technical rubber products (industrial operation)’
Production commences in the newly constructed premises in Bensberg.
Construction of an additional production hall.
The first injection press (Saccomat) enters into operation.
Production facilities are doubled in size through a series of extensions and conversions
Investment continues in technology to help streamline and automate production processes.
Subsidiary ‘H. Brandt – Cauciuc & Mase Plastice S.R.L.’ is founded in Sibiu, Romania.
The parent company is certified (in accordance with DIN ISO 9001).
First stage of expansion in Sibiu.
Company 50-year anniversary
Expansion of the ‘technical customer support’ department.
Warehouse/shipping/logistics is constructed.
Second stage of expansion in Sibiu.
The subsidiary in Sibiu is certified in accordance with ISO 9001:2000.
The parent company is certified in accordance with VDA 6.1.
A tool production facility is established.
First direct marketing commences in Romania.
A climate-controlled warehouse is established for particularly sensitive mixtures
Mr Heribert Schwamborn is appointed second Managing Director.
Company 60-year anniversary
Installation and certification of an environmental management system in accordance with DIN ISO 14001:2004.
A new energy concept is established for the Bergisch Gladbach site.
A Steinl EF-E machine is acquired for optimisation of composite production.
An extraction system is acquired as an occupational health/environmental protection measure.
Further expansion of the state-of-the-art fleet of machinery.
|1949||Company founded by Herbert Brandt: manufacture of technical rubber goods in Refrath, e.g. bicycle tire casings and rubber balls using baking powder as a foaming agent|
|1954||Production starts in the newly constructed plant in Bensberg|
|1958||Construction of an additional factory building|
|1961||The company moves into new administrative offices, a laboratory is set up|
|1963||First injection press (Saccomat) goes into operation|
|1974||Dietrich Brandt takes over as CEO
Continuing investment in new production technologies
|1979||Extensions and conversions allow for a doubling in size of production facilities|
|1983||Further investments in technology to streamline and automate production|
|1989||New construction of the “Technikum”, a manufacturing plant for composite parts|
|1994||Founding of subsidiary “H. Brandt – Cauciuc & Mase Plastice S.R.L.” in Hermannstadt (Sibiu), Romania|
|1996||Production starts in Hermannstadt|
|1997||Parent company DIN ISO 9001certified
First stage of further development in Hermannstadt
|1999||Company celebrates 50th anniversary
Expansion of services department “Technical Customer Support”
|2001||New construction of stockroom/shipping/logistics
Second stage of further development in Hermannstadt
|2002||Subsidiary in Hermannstadt is ISO 9001/2000 certified|
|2003||Parent company is VDA 6.1 certified|
|2005||Internal logistics are streamlined|
|2006||Company-owned tool production facility set up
Launch of direct marketing in Romania
|2007||Further expansion of Romanian subsidiary
Mixing stockrooms are streamlined
|2008||Heribert Schwamborn appointed second managing director|
|2009||Company celebrates 60th anniversary
Environmental management system installed and certified in accordance with DIN ISO 14001:2004
|2010||Purchase of plasma processor for surface cleaning and pre-treatment|
|2011||Brandt draws up a new energy concept for the Bergisch Gladbach plant|